President Barack Obama Weekly Address December 8th, 2012
In President Barack Obama Weekly Address for 12/8/12 he urges people to push their congress to come to a compromise before America goes over the Fiscal Cliff.
President Barack Obama points out a few of the highlights of what will happen if we end up going over the Fiscal Cliff if Republicans in Congress can not come to a reasonable compromise. If the recent history of the Republicans are any indication there is little hope that any compromise will be made.
Here are a few of the key points of what will happen as laid out by President Barack Obama in this weeks weekly address.
- Tax Cuts end at the end of 2012.
- All Families will see a typical tax increase of $2,200 going over the Fiscal Cliff.
- Congress can pass tax cuts on everyone’s income up to $250,000, including those that make more.
- 98% of Americans would not see a tax increase.
- Congress can pass tax increase on income of over$250,000.
- 97% of American Businesses would not see a tax increase.
Here is the videoof President Barack Obama Weekly Address for December 8th, 2012.